Flood & Water Damage in Tacoma
Flooding can wreak havoc on your home and belongings in many different ways. Although it almost always happens when you least expect it, your personal reaction time is critical. To minimize the damage, water removal must happen quickly.
When an unfortunate flooding emergency occurs, you need Carpet Pro's expert help. We arrive on the scene with powerful, state-of-the-art equipment that extracts the water from your home.
Our certified restoration experts are trained to deal with water removal emergencies. They will also advise you how to minimize the water damage until our crew arrives, which is always in three hours or less.
What can you do before we arrive?
- Stop the water at its source.
- Turn off the electricity and remove small electrical devices from the areas with excess water, if it is safe to do so.
- Avoid walking on wet carpet.
- Remove small furnishings from carpeted areas or place aluminum foil under furniture legs. This helps prevent permanent rust of furniture stains.
- Hang draperies and pin up furniture skirts to avoid contact with wet floors.
- Remove any breakables, moisture-sensitive and high value items, as well as items that may stain floor coverings. Check under the beds and other furnishings.
- Plan for restoration crews to move furniture into dry areas.
- Wash your hands after handling damaged items.
- Avoid the possibility of electric shock. Do not use home vacuum or shop vacuum to remove the water.
- Avoid the temptation to turn on fans or heating and air conditioning units as they may spread contamination if the situation is sewage-related.
When we arrive....
- Extraction equipment is brought into the home to physically remove any freestanding water. Water is extracted from carpet, padding and upholstery.
- If necessary, carpet and/or padding may be removed for proper drying.
- Professional grade drying and dehumidifying equipment is used to dry the affected areas and return the humidity levels in your home to normal. Special instruments will be used to identify hidden pockets of water.
- Proper extraction and drying techniques help minimize the possibility of secondary damage, potential microbial growth and reduces costs.
- Our professionals will monitor the drying process daily, repositioning drying equipment as needed.
Carpet Pros, Inc. provides trained technicians and state-of-the-art equipment you can’t get anywhere else.
When flooding occurs, give us a call.
Carpet Pros, Inc. Provides These Detailed Services:
- Mold Remediation
- Area Rug Cleaning
- Carpet Stretching
- Flood Damage
- Water Extraction
- Floor Cleaning
- Berber Carpet Repair
- Pet Odor Removal
- Tears & Rips
- Upholstery Cleaning
- Stain Removal
- Carpet Cleaners
We Provide Professional Flood & Water Damage Services in the Following Areas of Washington:
Tacoma| Gig Harbor | Federal Way | Olympia | Seattle | Puyallup | Kent | Auburng | Parkland | Spanaway | Des Moines | Lakewood | University Place | South Hill | Renton | Kitsap County | Pierce County | Thurston County | King County